We have a lot to be thankful for in the communities that make up Waverley – Fall River – Beaver Bank: vibrant neighbourhoods and schools; access to parks, woodlands and lakes; dedicated volunteers and community groups. We remain a rapidly growing area, and that means increased needs for provincial and municipal services.
At Work For You
As your voice at the decision making table, I have worked hard to make sure your needs are met and your concerns heard.
Below are some of the accomplishments that make our communities an even better place to live, work and raise a family.
- Improve existing recreation facilities -Windsor Junction Community Centre, June 2013
- Renovations and Efficiency upgrades – Waverley Legion, March 2013
- Improve existing recreation facilities – CHEEMA Aquatic Club, July 2012
- Construction of new playground – Grand Lake Oakfield Community Society, July 2012
- Improve recreational facilities – Ash Lee Jefferson Elementary School, June 2012
- Emerging Music Business Program-Ms. Mo Kenney, Waverley, June 2012
- Emergency Services Provider Fund-Wellington Volunteer Fire Dept, Aug. 2011
- Construction of a new playground- Lost Creek Community Association, June 2011
- My Nova Scotia contest – Constituent winners make their own commercial, April 2011
- Strategic Funding Initiative- Beaver Bank Community Hall, March 2011
- Emergency Services Provider Fund- Beaver Bank Volunteer Fire Dept, Dec. 2010
- New elementary school opened in Waverley,Sept 2010
- Develop playground- Beaver Bank Monarch Elementary School, June 2010
- Develop ball field- Waverley Amateur Athletic Association, June 2010
- Build park and playground- Delany Drive Park Association, June 2010
- Positive Aging Fund Grant- Fall River Friendly Group of Seniors, March 2010
- Child Care Repair and Renovation Grant- Becky’s Daycare Ltd, March 2010
- Painting of underpass structure on Highway 102 at Aerotech Interchange, July 2009
- Highway 118 Miller Lake Interchange, July 2009
- Highway 102, 6km of repaving north of Highway 118, July 2009
Planning an Event? Job Hunting?
Residents or groups in our area can use our office services free of charge: fax machine, copier, Internet. Ask my staff what we can do to help you.
Waverley Legion – 2234 Rocky Lake Rd. Waverley, NS 860-2144
Our Royal Canadian Legions are supported by membership dues which advocates for and offers support to veterans and their families, as well as, supporting programs for youth and seniors. Now more than ever our Legionnaires need our support. You may also offer support by attending their lunches, or weekly games and special events.